Wednesday 10 February 2010

Hudson as an Alternative to TFS

I've been looking at alternatives to Team Foundation Server for my latest project's continuous integration tool... and I think I've found it!

Hudson was suggested to me by a colleague (Jonathan Relf) after his attempts with Cruise Control became a little frustrating.

You'll have Hudson installed and building your projects in under an hour unless you're stupid or get carried away with the large number of plugins, including a Chuck Norris plugin ;)

Someone has too much time on their hands...

I particularly enjoyed...

  • VERY easy to setup
  • LOADS of plugins
  • Setup, monitioring and configuration is all through a nice web based interface

I'll keep you posted with how I get on.

1 comment:

  1. Jenkins was based on Hudson, and it literally took me 5 minutes to set up!

    ReplyDelete